Which? Approved Service
House exterior view

Concerns Procedure

Our Concerns Process

Support and advice if things aren’t right

If you are not satisfied with the service you have received, or there is a problem with your installation and you would like to raise a concern, please contact our main office on 01282 473170, or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

  1. All concerns should initially be addressed to the installation company who did the work, along with the copy of the relevant guarantee, so that they can try to resolve your issue.
  2. If you’re still not 100% satisfied, please write to us directly giving as much information as you can. Please include copies
    of all correspondence between you and the installation company.
  3. We will then liaise with the installation company to agree on the next course of action.
  4. If you request a site visit by us, we will come and investigate. In cases where members seem to be failing to comply with industry codes of practice and guidelines, we will propose a plan of action. If we uphold your concern, you will be refunded the attendance fee.
  5. In the event that agreement isn’t reached between you and the installation company, we will identify independent, impartial and professional experts for either party to consider retaining, to enable a reasonable judgement to be made on the justification of the specific concern.
  6. If the concern still isn’t resolved to your satisfaction and where we consider its conciliation procedure has failed to resolve the dispute,  we will give the member company 14 days’ notice of this decision, in which time the installer may take such steps to resolve the issue. If the issue isn’t resolved in this time, you may want to resolve your concern under special low cost arbitration arrangements (details available on request).

    However, such schemes aren’t suitable for more complex disputes and relevant bodies will be able to advise on whether a case is appropriate. Under these arrangements, arbitration will normally be on the basis of documents only. Alternatively you can take actions through the courts.
  7. We will provide written or oral evidence on acceptable commercial
    practices and standards to arbitration authorities.
  8. In the event of repeated or serious complaints, all such complaints will be reviewed by The Advisory Panel and appropriate action will be taken, which may include de-listing from membership of Independent Network.
What would you like to say
(Mandatory fields *)