What does Competent Person Scheme ‘CPS’mean?

There are many jobs in the home that need to be notified to and approved by Building Regulations via a Building Control Body which would be either your Local Authority Building Control or a private Approved Inspector. There is another way to do this though and that is to have the work carried out by installers registered with a (CPS )Competent Person Scheme who can self-certify that their work is above board.

Design and Discover your Perfect Home

Design your windows, doors or conservatory from start to finish or discover inspirational ideas that transform your home with Independent Network

The Independent Network Process

From manufacture through to white glove installation by trusted local specialists, Independent Network put quality at the centre of your experience


Choose your style

Discover our full range of windows, doors and conservatories


Find your installer

Request a free quote from a trusted IN Member in your area


Installer fits your product

A professional service from a local, vetted and trusted installer

Get your free quote from your local installer

  • Big brand backingBig brand backing
  • Local installersLocal installers
  • Vetted & trustedVetted & trusted
  • 10 year insurance backed guarantee10 year insurance backed guarantee

To arrange a free, no obligation quote from your local installer, just enter your postcode and choose the product you are interested in from the list above.

One of our local installers